Remember all those months ago I was inspired via Zone Perfect to post some resolutions? Well, here we are several months later and I am going to give you a little update…
- Motivate my kids to be better humans, whether through healthy habits, speaking more kindly, doing more good works, standing for something we are passionate about
- Well, I think they have all become better little humans! Healthy habits are becoming routine and with limited complaining! I can’t tell you the last time I made a processed food! They have done great! They have truly learned to serve without contempt, it has been amazing to see what they have accomplished with minimal prompting.
- Find a cause to get behind, my choice is to get involved with PublicSchoolOptions.org. I want to be a voice for public school choice. I want to help each child succeed and allowing parents flexibility is a good start!
- Well…I’m behind it alright! I have become the President of the Oklahoma Chapter of Publicschooloptions.org. I just held my first function as Chapter President and had great success! Two events, one in Oklahoma City and one in Tulsa. Two wonderful speakers and advocates for school choice, Representative Jason Nelson and State Senator Jabar Shumate. Hundreds of students and parents coming together in support of school choice…priceless!
- Get fit and healthy! I eat too much and move too little, I skip meals and snack a wee bit much. Thanks to Zone Perfect and the Blog Forward Challenge, I am getting off to a good start. I am making some pretty decent choices and utilizing some of their great tips and bars to get me moving in the right direction!
- Ok…well, I am still a work in progress. We have all given healthy eating a go and our lives are better for it! All of the family members have enjoyed our Zone Perfect bars. We all have our favorites, mine is anything with chocolate! What can I say…I will give a huge shout out to my #2…he has really taken this get fit challenge seriously and has lost over 55 pounds!!! 55!! He looks incredible and he has done an amazing job!
- Date my husband. No, not go find a husband, but date the one I’ve got. We’ve been married 22 years and we need to get back to dating! Don’t worry, there will be a future blog post about that!
- Dating isn’t as easy as it used to be! We do try to make a serious effort to get out and have alone time, but I’ll be honest, it’s just too easy to fall into an old routine! We’ll continue at it though! It won’t be long and there won’t be any kids around to keep us occupied, so we better like being around each other or we’ll be in trouble!
- Plant AND care for a garden! Part of my get fit and healthy and motivation for my kids! I can’t wait to get it going!
- Well…not so much…although I did manage to get a sapling, actually 3, from an avocado seed! You’ll have to check in later to see if they survive. I have heard it can take up to 8 years to get fruit! 8 YEARS!
Ok….so that is an update to my list of resolutions! I want to thank ZONE PERFECT for the tools, motivation, and gift of wonderful products to help my family and I with our challenges. Now, courtesy of ZONE PERFECT, I want to pass along a great giveaway to you.
In this giveaway you will find a lot of great goodies! There is a clear Zone Perfect travel mug, a box of Zone Perfect Greek Yogurt Vanilla Berry bars (yummo), Zone Perfect lip balm, Zone Perfect travel hand sanitizer, Twistband hair ties, Zone Perfect pedometer, and some Zone Perfect coupons! My daughter is so jealous of whoever gets this gift pack! To enter, please follow the directions on the Rafflecopter form below!
**All items courtesy of Zone Perfect. Although I have entered the Zone Perfect Blog Forward Challenge Program and have received complimentary items, I am free to comment about Zone Perfect in a positive, negative or neutral fashion. Must be over the age of 13 to enter. Contest open to residents of the United States only.**